I don't call myself a prepper, BUT...
- Kiwix - run a complete, local copies of wikipedia and wikirecipes and wikibooks. Also available: stack overflow, open street map, and all sorts of other good stuff. Perhaps from a
- Raspberry Pi Webserver connected to a battery and solar panel in a metal box or Faraday Cage
- With slackware on it
- Make clay for your own pottery, from pretty much anywhere
- Got an SDR? Get the weather pictures right from the satellite.
- Tired of being tracked? Instead of bending over backwards to block trackers, poison their fucking well. It's not tough to write these either: I have a perl script putting together random phrases that opens 8-10 google, bing, yahoo, facebook searches in tabs, and then closing them all. Repeat at random intervals.
- Sobering stuff about Tor.
- Typography in Ten Minutes
- If you're hardcore, you do spreadsheets in the terminal. (sc-im is to sc like vim is to vi)
- RFC8890: The Internet Is For End Users. (Not giant multi-national corporations shareholders.)
- Cyberdecks for High-Tech Low-Lifes cyberpunk case mods!
- 7 versatile VIM commands to memorize (emacs? PFEH)
- Let's reinvent the web! about the 10,000th article to say this, but there are some good points. Also refers to Gemini, so reminiscent of gopher, that it makes my little pre-web internet 🖤 go 💓 (emojis for future UTF-8 testing) I can't be the only person who looked to the future with sadness when Netscape/Firefox/Mozilla et al removed the gopher:// protocol
- Yet another reinvent the web article, but this one is more realistic and offering a product
- Open Source VR! Mostly here to remind myself to investigate this further.
- Hiding messages in x86 code with semantic duals. Awesome. Possibly to hide virus code in legit code.
- Ungoogled Chromium: AppImage packages of Chromium with all of the google calling home behaviors elided
- TinyPilotKVM: RasPi + HDMI->USB adapter = networked KVM for cheap
- Slackware now has a Patreon!
- If you want to feel some technology whiplash that makes you feel old, someone's been running an IBM System/370 mainframe on a $5 raspberry pi w for 5 years.
- Shabbat-compliant jewish search engine (seems to be down?)
- Things I may start stocking in my bar: Tepache, Prusser's Rum, Arrak, Pulque, Amaro, Bénédictine, Becherovka, Maraschino, Okolehao, Advocaat
- dobbs.town - subgenius-only mastodon instance. GET A CONSTANT STREAM OF SLACK FROM THE LUCK-PLANE!
Post a Comment